Friday, December 31, 2021

Happy New Year To All Of Our Readers

Superman © DC Comics. With apologies to Action #81


Just a note to everyone who stopped by our blog this past year to thank you all for the encouraging comments and to wish you all the very best for 2022. 

Thanks especially for the support my good pal Nigel Brown and I received in getting the word out regarding the publication of the autobiography of Britain's first full-time comic dealer, the late Alan Austin. The book helped to keep the Bronze Age of comics alive in the hearts of many, fifty years later.

So, please ring in the New Year with the beverage of your choice and please read comics responsibly! 





4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too, B - and don't get too blootered. I'll be in my bed well before the bells, reading Vol 3 of CTB Epic Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was a quiet New Year, Kid, with the snow falling yet again outside, and Jools' Hootenanny on the telly. Hope you're enjoying the CTB collection....I have yet to work my way through the 7 volumes of the Dark Horse "Chronicles of Conan" reprintings before I contemplate yet another set of trade paperbacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up after volume 4 of the DH versions, B, 'cos they started replacing the original lettering with computer fonts from volume 5. Typo after typo.

      Delete